Those any moms have a child who is 3 (younger or older) who doesn't say when he/she does something in his pull up/underwear ?

My son who turn 3 in September still don't tell me when he does something in his pull up and underwear. He don't tell me when he has to go potty. I take him every 30 minutes (their is time that I don't do this and it's hard to do it when I'm helping my husband at our store). He knows what must be done in the potty. And for now only pee in the potty when ever I take him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wish I could help you honestly it took my 5 year old about 4 years to go in the potty. Now he goes just fine. He loved them pull ups. But try to put cheerios in the toilet for targets...
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My 4 yr old is afraid he'll get spanked. He see my 1 yr old with dirty diapers and thinks it's just ok for babies to have dirty undies. I told him he's still learning and that he should try to make it to the potty even if he does have a little accident. Every time he got to the potty with no oops undies he would get a prize (usually a cookie or some soda). It took a while because we only see him every other weekend, but it worked. Now if I could only get him to wipe...lol :)
    DRCMAC

Answer by DRCMAC at 2:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I had that same problem with my son. He will do it and stay in it without saying anything. If i don't get the smell i never know.

I kept on telling him what he needs to do and he finally got it.
    Supermommy23

Answer by Supermommy23 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would start rewarding daddy after he goes potty with an icecream or a small treat or sometype of praise..this way it is showing your son by example how important it is to go potty..what son doesn't wan to be like their daddy?? Of course these praises have to be done where your son sees and understnds..then after you praise daddy tell you son..and elborate "oh wow daddy is a big boy, did you see daddy went to the potty by himself..don;t you want to be just like daddy?? ok when you go poty by yourself you get a treat too..
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ive noticed that my son 2 and half and my daughter 3 when they have on a pull up wont tell me when they've wet or pooped in their pull up, its like a diaper for them. on the other hand if they have underwear on they'll use the potty sometimes. and if they go potty in their underwear they'll tell me. but trying to clean poop out of underwear is nasty.
    jo-42

Answer by jo-42 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008