Is it common to have spotting after starting BC pills? adult content

I was just curious because I usually don't have spotting with birth control. But, since I started on the first day of my AF, I've been having some continual discharge for about 5 days. Just wondering if that was normal for being on the pill.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• I did when I switched brands, but then I took them at exactly the same time every day! I don't honestly know if my body got used to them or the fact that I took them right when I woke up made it stop,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i never had spotting either after having my first 2 kids then had my 3rd got the depo in december got my period well spotting december 29th it didnt come as a regular flow had the spotting for 90 days :( spotting stopped for a month switched to the pill then got my period once again just spotting not regular flow that only lasted 10 days thank god lol so to answer ur question yes its common!!
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I started taking them, but then there were a few pills I took that weren't on time. About half an hour to an hour late on taking them so I'm wondering if that's why. But since I finally got my phone, I set my alarm for the same time everyday to take it..
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My DD just started and the dr. said some spotting would be normal.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yep. Totally normal.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011