How do you keep positive when everyone around you is crabby?

I woke up in a positive great mood but then my sister started b*tch*ng about her friends comment (I completely agree w the friend, my sister's completely irrational). So I ignored her & watched tv w her while she complains. My friend calls me & my sister tells me,"SHHH!" & turns the tv up. I went to the kitchen to ignore her. Now she's stomping around the house annoying me! I have no car & we live in the middle of no where. Suggestions???

shynu

Asked by shynu at 2:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you have a hobby that you enjoy? If not maybe you need to get one, so that you can go off by yourself and work on it, and listen to some relaxing music to help you stay positive. Also put up mantras on your wall where you can see them all of the time My favorite one is: I love you, I am sorry, Please forgive me, thank you. Another one is: I will do my best and let God do the rest.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Not sure what to tell you if you can't stay away from her but that's how I do it. I just stay away from people who annoy me.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If the weather is decent go for a walk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think the best thing I ever did for myself was to "wake up and smell the coffee".  I can't control anything about what anybody else is doing, the only person I can control is myself.  Don't worry about her moods, they are hers and hers alone to deal with.  Your mood is yours and yours alone to deal with, she can't change your positivity, only you can.  Maybe even laugh at the insanity?  I find myself laughing at "drama queens" and to be honest, she sounds like she has a bit of that infection, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thank you! I walked my dog, fed the animals (dogs, turtle, pigs), watered the yard. Anything outside! Lol! I think I'm gonna walk to my oldest sisters house after lunch. She's a couple blocks away,...maybe like 4 but I'm 18 weeks & can use the walk. :-)
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011