If at all possible how do you remove cat pee smell?

My hubbys cat (NOT mine, she hates me) peed in our sons car seat the day we brought him home and after 2 washes the seat cover and cozy sleeping bag still smell of it!! Any ideas how to remove the stink? And maybe make the cat disapear lol.

DMansMom005

Asked by DMansMom005 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• look in the pet food section. there's a product called OUT!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• never had luck getting the smell out. Always had to throw away whatever got peed on....especially if it's been washed and dried....the smell probably won't come out.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Iv used Tide laundry soap and scrubbed and rinsed with the hose to get cat urine smell out successfully
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Soak it in white vinegar and cold water. Then run it through the washer on cold water and white vinegar instead of detergent. Then, when it ONLY smells like vinegar, run it through again with detergent so you get rid of the vinegar smell. Trust me. This is foolproof. My cat pees on stuff all the time. Don't waste your time or money on special cleaners or things from the pet store.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• As for the cat, sorry, you're probably stuck with it! LOL I know I am.
    Vix920

• Well I would try pinesol...put it in a bucket and soak it then wash on hot water,, but be careful,, because if the smell doesn't go away, sometimes it makes your dryer smell like cat pee,, I have a cat like yours as well (DH"S) perhaps they could both run away together, and start their own little cat pee group,, LOL<, she will pee on MY clothes if I leave them in the laundry room,, but never DH"S,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We started using a mix of vinegar, dawn dish soap, and baking soda in a squirt bottle, lightly mist and blot then wash normally you may have to do it more then once. I hate the cats peeing on everything and would like them gone!UGH!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Definitely try vinegar as suggested above. Then wash it regular and use some washing soap to neutralize the odor.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Vinegar and baking soda take odors out for us. And it's really cheap!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Vinegar works best but if you dried it already in the dryer it may be tough to get out. Try washing it with vinegar and if you have a soak setting on your washer, let it soak for a bit. It can be a tough thing to get that odor out but you did say the cat is a female which for is a tad easier to get the smell out than a male cat. Good luck, I hope you are able to get this smell out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2011