what could it be?

i just got in a HUGE argument with my mother and my SO. my mom mostly i have been crying a lot lately... can stress cause you to go into labor early? im 30 weeks.. im not saying im in labor, im just wondering if that can occur.

also.. i have this sharp feeling down my pubic area and the baby is moving a lot and my stomach keeps getting VERY VERYYYYY hard...

i kind of have to lean forward or it feels uncomfortable to walk... what do you think that is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im sorry but i really dont know.and i dont think stress can cause you to go into early labor because i have had alot of stress with this pregnancy.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ive heard it can cause pre mature labor...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• well i dont know about pre mature labor either because im 17 right before i found out i was pregnant my little brother died i have put up with shit from my dad and every one i dont know how im going to take care of my baby and there is alot more thats just some of what i have been dealing with.and being treated like shit by the possible biological babies daddy.i mean there is alot of stress and i havent gone into any kind of labor i have no signs of labor and im 39 weeks.i think that you will be fine maybe it can cause pre term labor but i wouldnt worry too much if your having pains i would call your doctor.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• EXTREME stress can be a factor in pre-term labor, yes, but that's not too common. It's more likely to cause other complications.

Your other feelings may be contractions. Drink a big glass of water and lay down for an hour, see if they go away. Your being so upset could definitely be making them happen.

Good luck.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i just read in my pregnancy book that it can cause premature labor, but everyones stress level is different and their mental stability is different, so your problems could be worse to yOU than someone elses problems could be to them. regardless of what THAT other person went through.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hormones affect each of us differently, making it harder to deal with a lot of things that might not be such a big deal. It's ok to be upset by the things that are upsetting you, so pay no attention to the comment above.

Call your doctor (or L&D) if you're worried, and try to take it easy until then.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• no attention to my comment??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008