Cheap wedding ideas

I am planning my wedding for January 23, 2012. And my budget is $3000, so I am looking for some nice ideas on how to lower the price of things.

Any Ideas will be appreciated.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• We went to Laughlin Nevada and got married in a little chappel up there on the AZ side...they took pictures, gave us a limo ride from the hotel to the chappel and back- it cost us 200 bucks
    we had cake in our hotel room- we got that at Costco or Sam's club (can't remember which) and it cost us like 20 bucks
    we spent about 100 dollars on gas to drive there and home...
    my dress was a 20 dollar dress (not a "wedding dress"- but nice looking)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• How many people? If you want it to be just you and him,, perhaps elope and take a vacation? I will wait to reply with my ideas until I see how many people you want,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My entire wedding was less than $1,500. We rented chairs and had our wedding outdoor at the local park. We hired a Dj for the reception (which was indoor at the local golf club) and hired a caterer
    Anonymous

• You can go on ebay and get wedding favors for very cheap. You can also get the decorations, pew bows etc there for cheap. I also bought the bridesmaids dresses from a shop on ebay for about 50% off what I would have otherwise. With the savings I was able to get their matching shoes & a thank you gift.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Get married at the court house and have a dinner at a nice restaurant for close family and friends.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try to make whatever you can. I found a lot of things on Ebay for our Wedding.

Hope this helps a bit. Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• When my DH & I got married, he was a college student & I had just finished. We didn't have too much money between us. Our families had to fly to come to our wedding and then rent a motel room. We decided to have 5 ft. long sandwiches from Subway in addition to the wedding cake. Our family was grateful we had enough subs left over for them to take leftovers with them to their motel rooms. It helped them cut down on their expenses. I am not saying you have to do something like that but I thought it might give you an idea. Also, I made the bouquets and some of the decorations which helped cut down on costs.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• my wedding was really cheap like $200 we bought everything black and red and white and found all the plates cups and silverware at the dollar store and bought our rings on overstock.com
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I put an add at my local community college that has an arts program for a photographer. The girl, a photography student charged me $250 for the entire day and did a great job. Plus a fellow student came with her as a second shooter. What I got would have cost me at least $2000 from a professional but this girl did great for a 10th of the price. Another good idea is to buy silk flowers from your craft store and make the bouquets yourself, they are very easy and that will save you TONS. Also most craft stores sell invitations for weddings that you print yourself, this should run you about 50 cents per invite instead of $3 or $4 that a printer will charge you (including the invites themselves) I did my wedding last month for about $4000 so feel free to message me for any ideas
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Also the fact that you aren't doing it during "wedding season" should save you a lot. Try to negotiate with the vendor and or caterer as they are usually very slow that time of year and willing to make deals (especially with the economy)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011