Where was your ceremony and reception held??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• For the current marriage it was at th Courthouse in Southern Fl on the beach under a gazebo. The reception was at a bar with friends.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We rented an old civil war era church that had been restored and is owned by the preservation society, and got married there. After that we had photos for about an hour, and our reception was 2 hours after the wedding at a nice restaurant. We knew the owners and he rented us the banquet hall for next to nothing, and allowed us to have a limited menu so I had some control over the total cost of the bill.

Answer by gemgem at 3:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• at college park church :)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Ceremony was in my Pastors backyard amongst the vineyards...it was really pretty and the reception was at my MIL's house at her insistance....she insisted on making the food and buying the cake...she didnt make NEARLY enough food even though she knew exactly how many people were coming and when she asked me what kind of cake I wanted and I said anything but strawberry....guess what she bought...a freaking huge strawberry cake with little bits of strawberry cut up in it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My mom's house...which has been passed down through the family. It was built in 1826 and is one of those old southern homes with the white columns. My DH and I hope to have that as our home one day.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Courthouse and dinner at a restaurant for the wedding party. simple and FUN!
    sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 3:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Ceremony (Sealing): At an LDS temple
    Reception: Gorgeous Ballroom, but super cheap for college students sine it was on campus.
    hallieballie

Answer by hallieballie at 3:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We got married in a gazebo in a park on a lake. The reception was there at the park.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We got married in a church and our reception was at a golf course country club in the Poconos. It rained the entire day not just a little rain but hurrican type of rain. We picked the place because pictures would have been beautiful outside, but the only picture we got outide were under an umbrella. We still had an awesome reception though.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I used a venue that does nothing but weddings. I did my ceremony and reception in the same place (saved a lot of money there) Plus, as I said in my other post, doing a wedding at a site that mostly does weddings not during "wedding season" will save a lot because they will probably be willing to negotiate prices to get you to book your wedding with them
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011