Did you have a videographer at your wedding??

If you did is it worth it??
If you didn't do you wish that you did??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup, my drunk uncle did it. I loved the video. He was the best. It was amateur video. There is a scene where my little 3 year old brother is running to the bathroom in his tux with his pants half way down saying I have to pee, so my uncle recorded it all and the next scene is a stream of urine going into the toilet (my uncle peeing). I had to laugh. I just wish that my mom would put it on a dvd for me. If you can't afford it ask a family member if they wouldnt mind doing it. My mom told my uncle we didnt have one and he volunteered. It was great!
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Our photographer offered that service but we declined. I dont wish we had it. We have over 1000 photos from before, during, after and of the reception.

Answer by gemgem at 3:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• For my firs marriage I had one. Yes, it was SO worth it. You wil never have another First wedding with the white dress and all the family and friends, so I think it's worth it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• nope and I don't regret it. My brother in law made a video but I never watch it. sometimes I think the photographers and videographers interfere with the natural flow of the ceremony and the party. JMO
    I do love my wedding album though.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes we had one. It is soooo worth it. Pictures are great too, but to WATCH the wedding over again is even better. I get ot relive that day every time I put in that DVD. They did a fabulous job with the DVD too.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i wanted to have one just couldn't afford it :(
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• nope I didn't see a point in one when I could ask someone else to video tape for me. My Uncle Video taped the whole wedding and then a little of the reception. He didn't stay for the reception, but he went for a few to video some of it. Then my dh's dad took pictures at our wedding and our reception
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I didn't and I am fine with it, it's kinda a waste of money since you will never watch it. If you really want your vows on take do as I did, as a friend to discreetly video take with their camera from their seat, just make sure that person has a good seat with no tall people in front
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes we did. I felt it worth it for I didn't want to rely on a guest to capture the important moments of my special day. I have to say, the thing I feel is the best part of having had a video done...being able to show my daughter (who we had 2 years later) mommy and daddy's wedding day. SHE LOVES watching it.

Anonymous