If you dont go to church on sundays, do you send your children ....

or do you teach them at home. How do you teach them?

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 3:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I taught my kid's about God and the Bible myself. Man kind created church NOT God. Man kind created Religion, NOT God.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Since we aren't Christian, we have no interest in indoctrinating our child. He's free when he's older to explore any, all, or no religions as he sees fit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My children do not go to church but they are free to go with my husband if they want to. He doesn't force them to go because I told him that they need to choose the path that fits their particular needs and they will choose that path when THEY are ready to do so. I will support them in whatever path they choose. Right now, they choose not to go to church. If either one of them change their minds later on, I will suppoprt their decisions.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 4:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If he wanted to go, I let him go with his grandparents.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I used to only when they wanted to go to church. I didn't make them go
    I did my best to teach my children about God. My husband(at the time) hated that .
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We are Catholic so generally we go to Mass every Sunday. If I am not able to go the kids dont go without me. We actually have Mass everyday at noon so if I miss a Sunday I can always go another time if I feel like it.

Answer by gemgem at 3:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We BRING our child to church with us or if she's spending with weekend with one of her grandparents then they take her to their church....but I agree that you don't NEED to go to church to know the Lord...if you have a childrens Bible you can easily have your own "service" at home
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think it would seem pretty hypocritical of me to send them and not go myself. We go together as a family.
    Anonymous

• Since we are a mixed Hindu/Sikh family. We attend Temple (Hindu: for special occasions/holidays/festivals....For the most part, Hindus do their religious practice at home) and Gurdwara (Sikh). My son chose to be Sikh, he attended Gurdwara regularly with his father while growing up (he's an adult who no longer lives at home). He also learned about both religions at home (reading the Gita, the Upanishads, the Vedas, the Guru Granth Sahib, meditating,etc.) as well as learning about other religions of the world.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• One other thing. The Catholic church Changed the Sabbath day of Saturday to Sunday for their convince.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011