so Im thinking of something please tell me what you think no bad comments please

Ok so I know that alot of people would like to be adopted for christmas. Including me so I just thought about it and what I would like to do is start collecting new and used stuff over the next year to help others out next year. I have alot of room in my basement for this. I want to help others. Cuz I know its hard for everyone to get somethings for their families. So what do you think?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 1:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think that is a good Idea
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think thats a great idea...so many people now a days don't stop to help others and with the way things r right now people who r struggling need it now more than ever. You have a beautiful heart for doing this! : )
    Kiera23

Answer by Kiera23 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That's an awesome idea momof5kidz!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think thats good of you. I don't know why but I've seen a lot of people say bad things about others getting help with christmas and other things like that. We're not going to have much this year but I think I'm still goin to try and help out another family with getting presents for their kids.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I love the idea. My problem is I have found here in CA it's hard to find anyone who takes used stuff for Christmas time etc...they all want "NEW."

Believe me a few times I have had stuff and been turned down, it's sad.

I still have found ways to help though. Like at the CA fires. The red cross lady at one shelter was being strict saying I could not hand them out unless I had enough for every kid and also they had to be new due to dust etc....I wanted to LOL because these people were literally covered in ash...so what does it matter if the toy is dusty. Anyway though my toys were all clean and nice. I had 25 stuffed animals. I just drove to the next shelter and handed them out to kids without asking and it was so much fun to see their smiles !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Thats a great idea! People like that is what makes this country great. I know this year we are really stuggling makeing ends meet. not to meintion Christmas.My hubby isnt working so we are livin off $6.67 an hour and like 25-30 hrs a week, not fun.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think it does not cost any of us anything to be kind to another. I wish more people thought the way you do. Merry Christmas!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I will share this with you- I was one of the family members who was adopted when my mom and my brother and I couldn't afford Christmas. I cnnot tell you what a huge blessing it is to receive gifts that you didn't expect and things that you need- new or used. I will never forget how those people gave to us- and over the years in my own way I have given back. We don't have the money to adopt a family, but we do adopt kids and give free toys and food away. It's a way to give it back in my opinion and help someone out. Even if you aren't able to do that this year- you can in the future. Also, freecycle.com has some GREAT things people are giving away for free that I have wrapped up and used as presents for my family.
    Anonymous

• THAT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA. THANK YOU! I FEEL THE SAME WAY. I LOVE TO GIVE TO THE NEEDY. SO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I'M GOING TO DO THE SAME THING FOR NEXT YEAR. I HAVE JUST STARTED BUYING MY FIRST HOME. THING ARE VERY TIGHT THIS YEAR,BUT I'VE BEEN GOING THROW MY THINGS THAT I DONT WANT ANYMORE. I WAS GOING TO DO A GARAGE SALE, BUT I THINK I'M GOING TO START SAVING THINGS FOR THE NEEDY PEOPLE IN MY TOWN THAT WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A GIFT BUT CAN'T. I LIVE IN A VERY LITTLE TOWN THAT PEOPLE WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP. LIKE MY CHURCH. I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE IDEA. I'M GOING TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN WITH THIS. MY 10 YEAR OLD LOVE'S THIS IDEA TOO.. WILL HAVE TO STAY IN CONTACT , SO I CAN LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING.
    Janinehotmama

Answer by Janinehotmama at 2:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008