Am I treating myself bad? Who deserves the bed? Get ready for Snore Factor... ha ha ha!!!!

So my SO has a cold and it it causing him to have an earth shaking snore. I am 29 weeks pregnant and can sleep through the snoring but my unborn baby apparently cannot. She startles at the more intense universe shattering snores. When she startles, I wake up. It is a bad situation.

He works 12 hour days and I don't work because of pregnancy complications. Tomorrow, however, I do have an OBGYN appointment early on and can sleep the rest of the day if need be.

I have sleep apnea, grabbed my C-PAP machine, and headed into the living room and decided I will sleep on the recliner tonight so baby AND mommy can sleep.

Tomorrow morning he is going to tell me that he should be the one sleeping in the living room.

Who really should be sleeping in the living room?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Daddy should be sleeping in the living room. You are the one with the baby in your tummy!!! You deserve the rest!
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 1:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lol im sorry it makes me giggle though lol but i really dont know.but can i ask what is sleep apnia?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing at night for periods of time.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• doesnt that scare you?how did you find out you had it?im sorry.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• How uncomfortable are you in the living room? If I wasn't able to sleep well out there, then I'd say he should...otherwise, I'd let my husband have the bed!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would totally let mine have the bed, poor guy! But, if your uncomfortable or if it interferes with your breathing kick him out. I'm sure he'll be upset when he sees you on the couch anyway.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Depends on who can sleep better where. I've frequently retreated to the guest room.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am a nurse and while in nursing school I was on a trip with some other nursing students, we shared a hotel room. One of the students noticed that I had apnea so I went and had a sleep study done and sure enough, I have it pretty bad. It does not scare me since my C-PAP machine keeps my airway open when I am sleeping. There are no worries.

I am slightly uncomfortable in the living room but I don't work 12 hour days.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• if hes already sleeping u cant kick him out. but if he insists u get the bed, u should, ur the pregnant one. my husband would not be moved out of his bed for a hurricane, so even when hes snoring like crazy i still just lie there awake. but if ur husband doesnt mind, go for it. i also have a really comfortable couch i dont mind sleeping on, and a really nice queen guest bed, so it wouldnt be a big deal anyway, but dont feel bad if ur husband wants u to have the bed. i say milk the im pregnant excuse for as long as u can. pretty soon u will be moved aside for the baby and u wont get the attention anymroe
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008