does it irritate anyone else?

When people compare your pregnancy to theirs? not even just giving opinions or explaining what they went to but meaning...

"i did this and this and this and im fine.."
or
"this didnt happen to me, so it wont happen to you."
or
"i didnt feel that way so you shouldnt either!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It drove me crazy when I was prego. Now that I'm a mom, I find myself doing the same thing. It's like once you go through it you feel like a pro that had so many experiences and you want to be helpful to new mommies.
    I try to keep in mind how much that drove me nuts when I was pregnant. We all mean well :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• oh yeah i had twins and ppl ask for my advicce then says well yours dont count you had twins or ask well you shouldnt gained that much i only gained ____ so you should been only like 10pounds heaver.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Especially when the are currently pregnant with their first and just like a few weeks ahead of you! omg thats the worst!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes because I get alot of well why this and why that, why can't you do this....that didn't happen to me. I want to say....when you've had the complications I've had then you can come talk to me about why I have to do things a certain way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yeah but if you ask questions your wanting answers and the reason your asking questions on here is to get answers from moms who have gone threw it before so yeah they are going to compare their pregnancy and what they know or went threw to answer you.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• While it is true that each pregnancy is different, there are a lot of similarities, too. If someone on here asks a question pertaining to her pregnancy, all we can do is draw from our own experiences as moms and from our own pregnancies to give advice or answer the question. So if you read" I ate hotdogs while pregnant and the baby and I are both fine." or " No I didn't have morning sickness past my third month, so you shouldn't either." you need to remember that we are moms trying to give the benefits of our experience. Most of us are not doctors, and if you want valid medical advice, then that is who you should be asking.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• okay like i said, i didnt mean advice i meant forcing it..

like "THAT DIDNT HAPPEN TO ME, SO YOU ARE JUST BEING DRAMATIC, THAT ISNT HAPPENINGTO YOU!"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That's not what she's asking...she's saying when people give a definitive answer rather than just sharing their experiences. Every pregnancy is different, so opinions can only be counted on so far!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree if you're on here asking questions that's one thing, but I was annoyed by the questions and comments I get from people I know around town and family. Just because their pregnancies went peachy and mine isn't doesn't mean I have explain every little thing I do that's different from how they did it.
    BTw I'm not OP I'm anonymous 12:24
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    I agree if you're on here asking questions that's one thing, but I was annoyed by the questions and comments I get from people I know around town and family. Just because their pregnancies went peachy and mine isn't doesn't mean I have explain every little thing I do that's different from how they did it.
    BTw I'm not OP I'm anonymous 12:24

i agree with that like if you didnt ask them.but i thought she was talking about on here.sorry
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008