Is your man the type to want one of these deadly DIY gadgets?

Hard to believe someone actually created these items ~ (I put this in the "hobby" category, just for the h**l of it). 

If you ever took the "don't try this at home" disclaimer seriously, it has to apply to the following do-it-yourself gadgets. When you go to Lowes and they say "let's build something together," I'm pretty sure that they didn't plan on being an accomplice to a crime.

Machete-shooting crossbow
In the event that the world is overtaken by zombies, a 6-foot-long crossbow that shoots machetes isn't going to be my first choice in protection. First of all, it's a little unwieldy to carry and use. As you will see in the video, you are also more likely to injure yourself than you are the target. No, my weapon of choice would definitely be a bazooka that shoots laser-guided chainsaws. YouTube via Nerd Approved

Flame gloves
Is there a point to making gloves that shoot flames? Absolutely not - I don't care how cold your hands get. The creator of these flame gloves claims that it is the kind of thing that could be integrated into a performer's costume, but they've probably just seen too many superhero movies. Fortunately, I don't think we will be seeing these in Walmart anytime soon. Talking on the cellphone, petting dogs and high-fiving friends could turn into an epic disaster. YouTube via Fashionably Geek 

Mini-fridge beer cannon
This homemade mini-fridge beer dispenser is powered by an air cannon, webcam and an ioBridge platform that handles the remote control and monitoring functions. The user simply selects what type of beer they want using an iPhone, then it switches to a targeting view to line up the shot. Ice-cold beers are vended toward increasingly inebriated targets at 50 psi. Whenever alcohol and projectiles get together, good things are bound to happen! YouTube via That's Nerdalicious

Homemade pulse laser gun
This homemade weapon looks like something straight out of a video game, and it isn't far away from a real laser weapon in terms of performance. It's capable of firing a 1-megawatt blast of invisible infrared 1064nm light that's powerful enough to burn through razorblades, plastic and Styrofoam. OK, so we're not going to be taking down any aliens with it (unless those aliens are very Smurf-like), but it's definitely dangerous. YouTube via Nerd Approved

tasches

Asked by tasches at 3:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I want the machete shooting crossbow!! You HAVE to be ready for when the zombies attack! 

Homemade pulse laser sounds like fun too!! That would come in handy for taking out zombies too. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Nope. He has no interest in any of those toys.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Haha, thankfully not. =) I'm with SpiritedWitch though, maybe those things could come in handy during an outbreak of zombies.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My hubby would love to have some of the gadgets. I hope he doesn't find them...
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think some of these are awesome! lol My DH is more like, "Eh..." and shrugs. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• LOL I think we would BOTH want at least one or two of those lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• tasches

Comment by tasches (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011