Fried chicken Recipe w/out hving to use a deep frier? any easy recipes ?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows or have a easy recipe that can share with me :-D of how to make a easy fast way to make fried chicken with flour w/out having to use deep frier? I found some recipes on the internet but they make it sound so difficult and my fiance says we mostlikely need a deep frier but doesnt seem like not many ppl really do at home.
some good tips would help :-)
thank you!! 8-)

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Put breaded or floured chicken in frypan with oil. Fry on both sides.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I bread the chicken and bake it in the oven tastes great for me
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I make "fried chicken" baked lol...does that make sense?

1 c flour
    1 egg
    bread crumbs

Roll chicken in flour, dip in egg, then roll in bread crumbs. I turn my oven on the lowest setting, I think it's 275 on mine...and bake them for close to 2 hours.
    It's super good.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• before I had a deep fryer I would deep the chicken in an egg, flour (with seasoning salt, garlic powder and pepper) and put it in a pan with oil. Just watch it and turn it once it starts to get golden brown.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I do mine like chloesmom1126 but I do not bake them that low or that long. I am sure the end result is the same though. Kohl's has a small deep fryer that is pretty inexpensive. It is great for at home use. It's where I got mine.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• we do ours
    in 1 bowl, 2 eggs w/ a lilttle milk, stir.
    another bowl mix flour,salt,peper, parika,a little sugar, mix it up
    Take your chicken and coat it in the flour mix, and t hen dredge it in the egg and then again in the flour mix.double coating it ensures the batter sticks to the chicken.
    in a pan coat the bottom of a pan with oil about an inch, can use canola, veggie, olive, wichever you prefer
    cook it on one side for about 3-4 minutes, and then flip, you can cook it as long as you feel is good for you
    It makes really yummy chicken, the coating taste awesome. its very easy and doesnt take much time at all
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I usually do mine in the deep fryer but have done them the same way in a skillet on the stove with oil or also baked... I get boneless skinless chicken breast, dip them in buttermilk, then roll them in a flour mixture (flour, pepper, seasoned meat tenderizer, and a spice called "Cavenders" its like a mix of many spices they sale it at walmart) alot of times I will do it a double coat... (I cant stand buttermilk but it gives chicken a great flavor) if i am frying it i watch it closely and flip it when it gets golden on bottom, check it carefully to make sure fully cooked before pulling it! if I bake it i put it in a non stick pan cover with foil and cook at 350 for about an hour give or take I just check it regularly after an hour passes! good luck!! hope you find something you like!@
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 12:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What You Need
    2-1/2 lb. chicken pieces
    1 env. GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix, divided
    1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
    1 cup flour
    2 cups oil
    Make It

PLACE chicken in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the dressing mix and the hot pepper sauce; turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to marinate.

MIX flour and remaining dressing mix in plastic bag. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time; close bag and shake to coat.

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 10 min. or until browned on all sides. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• * 1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    * 1 1/2 cups flour
    * 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 1 cup buttermilk
    * vegetable oil

Directions
    1. Rinse the chicken in cold water and pat dry. Combine the salt, flour, black pepper, and cayenne in a large, shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Set aside for about 15 minutes. Pour the buttermilk into a second shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then again in the flour mixture.
    2. In a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven (preferably cast iron), heat about 4 inches of vegetable oil over medium heat until the temperature registers 360° F on a deep-fry thermometer.
    3. Carefully place the chicken in the oil, using tongs. (Add the pieces slowly, so that the temperature does not drop, and work in batches to avoid overcrowding.)
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• # Fry the chicken until golden brown, turning once, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Check for doneness by piercing the meat; the juices should run clear.
    # Drain the chicken on paper towels set on a wire rack. If desired, the cooked chicken can be kept warm in an oven set on low.
    Christmaslver68