Is it bad to eat Tuna Fish during your first trimester or throughout pregnancy?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• By the way, the site has information about other seafood, too. Best to ask your doctor.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• you can eat it in moderation. which sucked the whole time i was preg i wanted crab legs...tuna...and sushi...remind you i hated them b4 i was preg.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Bad? Not necessarily, but it should be in small amounts. There is a certain kind that's supposed to be safer, though I don't remember which kind that is...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i eat tuna and sushi and crab and lobster.... just not a butt load! but honestly think of the crapand mercury already injected into you from vaccines. not to turn this into a post about shots, but i always wonder why people get so bent on tuna fish when the shots have more mercury in them anyway!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was advised that I could eat canned tuna - don't want the mercury that all fish contains tho - but at least you know it is cooked. So I would keep it to a minimum....I'm a BIG sushi lover and depressed I cannot enjoy it now. OH and white tuna has the highest amounts of mercury so would stay far from that. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my doctor told me not to eat any kind of sea food and i have heard of other people eating it and them saying to limit it to like one can a week and some thing i read said that if your pregnancy or pre pregnancy weight was under 130 then limit it to half a can a week while your pregnant but mine told me no sea food.im sorry i would just ask your doctor and see what they tell you.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Here is the guideline from the American Pregnancy Association:

HIGH MERCURY (eat no more than 3 6oz servings a month)

Tuna (canned, white albacore) See tuna chart below
    Tuna (fresh bluefin, ahi)

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• thats a good question. for the first 6 weeks all i ate was tuna.
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008