Need some help on how to make some latin dishes.

How do you make mexican rice or any rice besides plain white, red chili, green chili (hot sauce), fajitas, lengua, albondigas (meatballs), soups, anything with chicken, beef, steak, fish, tortilla soup, I really need help making these dishes or anything I can make for lunch and dinner, pls help, let me know how to make it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My husband is mexican and he taught me years ago to make spanish rice. What I do is take about three cups of rice and some oil in a deep skillet. Meanwhile, in a blender, I blend some tomatoes (about 3 roma) 1/3 of an onion, one clove of garlic, some water, and the tomato boullion. Blend. Fry your rice, this is a very important step. Keep stirring the rice on high heat until browned. Add blender ingredients. Let it simmer a minute and add more water. Turn heat down and let cook. I usually add small pieces of carrots and corn into it, but that is not necessary.

Sorry I can't give you specific measurements. I have been doing this for so long that it is second nature now.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 2:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My mom makes this insane rice.. it's not red mexican rice.. it's a green cilantro rice. You cook rice the same as you always do, but the liquid is water blended with a cilantro bunch and half raw onion chopped up. She makes this with her arroz con pollo. Yummmm.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• get some thin beef steak, sliced onions, cubed tomato, jalapeno peppers without the seeds, salt to taste, garlic powder, can of tomato sauce. a lil oil, med heat , add all of this together sautee, add some water, then cover and let simmer on low heat until done. enjoy. this goes really good wtih mexican rice of course.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you can basically add tomatoes, onion, garlic, green tomatoes, jalapeno peppers to just about any kind of meat.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008