How did you feel

When you took down your kids nurseries?? I'm taking down my ds's and it makes me sad. We are getting ready to redue it, but taking the things down that we hung while I was pregnant for him, makes me realize he isn't my little guy any more. He just turned 3...

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 3:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Time moves soooo fast. And the feelings you have having right now are just the first of the many as he grows up. :..(
    Happy because hes blossoming but sad because you realize as he grows hes leaving you behind. Ohhh,how I do know that feeling. My youngest son just got married,in the Army and deploying to Afghanistan..if only he was 3 once again.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yup, its sad it really makes you realize ya have to enjoy every minute as they grow so fast. Have fun redoing the room.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I just did the same thing and I did it little by little because it made me sad too. We moved my Son into a big boy bed in another room. As I took his things out & moved them to his new room like his clothes he cried so he made me cry too. So I stopped & focused on his new room & made a fun Jungle theme and put up some fun pictures & a border. It came out so cute that he didn't care about his baby room anymore. Then I had to take down his baby room border & he didn't even react. We are making it a room for our soon to be baby girl. Now he passes that room by & hasn't said anything else. I know how you feel. They grow up too fast. Now I have to go & cry :( (emotional pregnant hormones kicking in)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I hear ya, sure is hard, it is so hard to move on and let go. I have a hard time with every milestone, when in reality it should be a celebration.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• he will always be your "little" guy even when is towering over u lol. i never felt sad when i put the baby stuff away but i do catch myself bawling when i look at the baby stuff i put away
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I was sad, my babies were growing up so fast.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011