How do you keep up when your sick?

I'm really sick, flu like symptoms, and it seems to be getting worse. DH is at work so I have a 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old running around the house. I have no energy at all, and the kids are literally turning the house upside down, usually I would be right behind them cleaning up but I just can't do it today. I have no one to watch them so that I can get some rest. But I may consider going to the hospital (which I NEVER would do, unless it's serious) if things don't get better. =(
Any advice?

katieclaude

Asked by katieclaude at 4:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you are worried about the house looking a mess, don't worry about it, especially now. Is there anyone you can call to help you out, a friend or a relative? I don't know how bad you feel, but the ER is not exactly the place if you have the flu. You regretfully have to wait it out. By the time a dr. would see you in the ER it could take forever. Maybe an Urgent Care of Med Express would be a better alternative. Good luck. I do hope you feel better. I can't imagine being sick with babies running around.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• im sorry to hear it

-LOTS of water (im talkin gallons)
    -sleep (nap daily)
    -possibly hire a babysitter while you recoop, even though you're in the house
    -take your vitamins
    -shower daily (not that u don't already)
    -think positive! (it will end at SOME point)
    -ask someone to take care of you (kinda weird as an adult and all...but it really helps)
    -bed rest (no extraneous activities) and fill your time blogging with us!!

feel better, hugs
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 4:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• dont worry about the house work and see if you cant find someone to help you with the children until you are feeling better. You might even have to ask your other half to take a day and help you. If you dont rest and get better then you will not only feel worse but you wont get any thing done and my have to be out in the hospital.
    LittleBearMama

Answer by LittleBearMama at 7:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011