alrigt, i get that im at home ... andddd

i get that i am the one to clean and make dinner etc.. BUT

do i really have to cater to EVERY need?
like he just said "so will you make mashed potatos?"

i made corn mashed potatos &stuffing at dinner time. he ate it but he wants more now...or get me a glass of water........
anything along the lines of that.. do i have to cater to every SINGLE need of his?? just bc he is the one working and im the one at home taking care of the house? and making a baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No and I'd tell him to get off his lazy ass and get himself. But I'm just opinionated that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Oh hell no, it's one thing to ask your wife but fuck you need to be respectful as well if my husband expected me to just jump at his every beck and call he would be jumping over his packed bags as I beat his ass out the door, your a wife not a slave and if he doesn't know the difference then maybe you should teach him
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• since my husband is working and using his money to pay the bills and is gone 10 hours a day while i sleep late and sit at home, even though im pregnant, the house is my responsibility. i bring him his plate of food, go get him a bottle of water, pretty much anything, unless im sitting down eating adn hes standing already. but even then i ask nicely and would accept it if he said no. theres no way im gonna get demanding and get that "i work all day and pay the mortgage and ur at home, and i come home and u cant do this for me?" i just put up with it cuz i want him to know i appreciate him working and allowing me to stay home and not having to work while im nauseas and big as a house... there may be a limit for u jumping up every two seconds to cater to his every need but the house is ur responsibility
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• what is with people tonight not understanding the questions? i said i KNOW my responsibility is the house cleaning etc... i made dinner he ate it.. im not a short hand chef.
    i would NOT jump at his every demand .. when he eats dinner i serve him his meal, and i bring him his water but after that im not his bitch. i wont wipe anyones ass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with Butterfly, I adore my husband for working his butt off so I can stay at home and raise the kids. He's a great dad, he's a good provider and loving devoted husband. I will at least try to do anything that he asks me to. I consider it my job to be a wife and mother. However, he would never be disrespectful or unreasonable towards me. I would not cater to him if he's just being outright senseless about it. Just try explaining how you feel to him and try to work out something before things get worse, you don't deserve to be anyone's doormat.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Then again.....if you talk to him the way you talk to strangers good luck to you.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• no shit sorry but they way you make your question sound its like he expects you do wait on him for every single one of his needs.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• wow slinkee that was kind of rude. i was just making sure everyone understood wht i was saying because she made it seem like i just sit there and do nothing. youre usually nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Dnner and a clean house, ok, but "Get me..."?! Hell no! Feel free to go on a hormonal rampage about that stuff!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• THANK YOU mckowntasha!! ye he expects me to do EVERYTHING he wants. even if im already doing something and hes watching sports on tv while laying in bed....

that is what i meant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008