what can i do to help morning sickness, nothing seems to help...nothing

what to do for morning sickness

peytons_mom

Asked by peytons_mom at 12:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mint tea. I would carry a bag of cheerios, and when I was at home I sipped mint tea. Not sure why, but it worked. As long as I didn't let my stomach get empty I was ok, but when it's empty all that acid just tears you up. Congratulations, just remember it's worth it!
    treefroggyk

Answer by treefroggyk at 12:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Have you tried -
    1. Crackers
    2. Graham Crackers
    3. Sprite or 7-Up
    4. Ginger Ale - WORKS THE BEST!!!
    5. Peppermint Candy - Also works well.
    6. If NONE of the above works - you can talk to your OB/GYN about putting you on Phenergan. They give this to Pregnant Moms with Morning sickness, stops them from feeling ill and stops the throwing up. Good Luck hun.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I used to munch on Cheerios. I'd even take a baggie of them with me in my purse to the store, just in case.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I had to talk to my ob/gyn and get some pills for it.
    Anonymous

• Nothing ever helped my Morning Sickness, but one thing I found that always set it off was my prenatal vitamins, my OB/GYN had me take Flinstone's chew-ables until I got past my morning sickness.
    Anonymous

• Ginger tea is excellent. if you go for the ginger ale...make sure that it is the natural kind as most do not really have ginger in them at all. And be sure that it is flat or it will give ya a bit of gas. YIKES! If you are sick first thing in the morning...have at least 3 jelly beans on your nite stand and eat them before you even get up in the morning. The sugar will really help with the yucky feelings. I lived on saltine crackers for the first 3 months of my pregnancy...i cannot even look at those things now. LOL Most importantly...just hang in there...It won't last !!!! take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I took my prenatal's at night before I went to bed.

And I also agree with ProudOhioMom that Ginger Ale - WORKS THE BEST!!! always did for me anyways.
    ShenaBaker

Answer by ShenaBaker at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• eating things like crackers or pretzels helped and i found that preggy pops actually worked and they helped with the sweet craving.
    I took my prenatals at night and ate a few wheat thins when i took my vitamin and when i woke up before i got out of bed. good luck!
    MIBsmom

Answer by MIBsmom at 1:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Eat before you are hungry b/c if you actually get hungry then you will already feel sick. Eat high protein snacks b/c they help w/ morning sickness as well. My hubby would make me a piece of bread w/ peanut butter on it and I would eat it before I got out of bed in the morning and it did wonders for me. Carry a snack with you at all time also b/c you will need it. Maybe peanut butter crackers or something w/ high protein.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Ive tried everything as well. B6, ginger ale, crackers, etc. I would get sick 6+ times all day. No joke. When I was 5 months my Dr. recc. Zofran. And I could have gone back and kissed her! With in 5 min. ALL of my sickness was gone and the remainder of my pregnancy was actually enjoyable! :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2008