At what age did your children participate in Commuion (Not sure if i spelled it right)?

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 4:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• second grade you get first communion
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yup, 2nd grade. In cathechism they learn all about it and practice and then have first communion ceremony. They get ti wear a white outfit and I remember loving my little veil and tiara. The church usually gives each child their first rosary and teaches them how to use it at this time as well.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My kids won't, at least not while they are under 18. If they choose to believe in all that then they can do it when they can make that choice for themselves. I was 12 or 13 when I did it, and it was a Lutheran church.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We weren't going to let him until he was older, but the last time I was kneeling and had it he reached up and grabbed some for himself, so even though it doesn't technically count (he's only 3), he has "had" it, if that makes sense... I think it's just a symbol anyway, though, so it doesn't bother me that he's "had" it - I just want to raise him to follow his own path, so I want him to understand his options instead of just going along with things before he knows what's really going on...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• In the Myssouri Synod Lutheran it's around the age of 12-14 after religious classes for 2 yrs ...
    (I was raised in this religion)
    What I was told by my Dh for most Catholics, it's around the age of 7 after classes... (he was
    raised in a Catholic school system)..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It depends on what denomination you are referring to. It can range anywhere from age of 7 to adulthood. It just depends on the church, what they belief and teach regarding communion.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011