Should I have a shower?

I have a DD that will be 6 in Dec. and this baby girl is due in Sept. Is it right to have a shower if you are having the same sex? I kept most big items but do still need a monitor, swing and little stuff like bath tub and some clothes. I have gotten rid of alot of her clothes. I have friends asking me if i am having one and I have two friends wanting to give me one. Is it right, though?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 4:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its fine to have another shower I think. You dont always have everything from the first and there's always new things you will need.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It's your baby!  If it feels right to you then yes, it's right.  There isn't any wrong or right here, just opinions.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• IMO, no. But that's up to you and whoever wants to throw it for you. You chose to have a second... You get to buy the things you want/ need for it...
    Anonymous

• I never really understood why some people think that having more then one is a big deal. I think it is fine!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Its fine to have a shower.
    AngieAng12

Answer by AngieAng12 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i think it is perfectly fine since your girls are so far apart in age! Let your friends have one for you have fun with it!!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am used to people having a baby shower for each new baby. And anyways, I'm sure you could always use more diapers and wipes, right? :)
    shakleegirl

Answer by shakleegirl at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i think that every baby deserves to be celebrated so each child deserves a shower.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011