Why does my 3 year old do this?

my dd is 3 years old and I don't know why she does that stuff because she isn't EVER with anyone other than me and dh once in a great while she will be with my mom or sister if we need to go somewhere, but that is it. But she thinks it is funny to pull down her pants and undies and walk with them around her ankles. She will also pull down her pants and undies and put her butt in her sisters face and say see my butt. I dicipline her everytime I see this. She takes a bath or has her clothes off she plays with herself which I know that part is probably normal. Then if she has her butt crack showing and you tell her I see your butt she instead of pulling her pants up she will pull them down to show you more of her butt so we stopped saying that to her, but a second ago I look over cause she is laying on the couch I looked to see what she was doing she had her legs up and her pants and undies pull down to her ankles. Is this normal? How do I get her to stop doing this stuff? I know up until the summer she use to be a nudest she hated clothes on everytime you turned around she would have her clothes off even if we had company. So I had to keep putting on her clothes. Can this be that she is still a little nudest or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• BUMP
    Katelyn88

Answer by Katelyn88 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'll be honest, my daughter who is 4 does that too. I think she picked it up from sponge bob. But on the other hand, keeping clothes on that girl is impossible. All my boys went through a naked stage, although non of them mooned or made comments about their butt like their sister does. I think its a faze that they will grow out of. But anytime we find her doing something unacceptable, she goes to the "cry chair" aka the time out chair. She hates it. She is one of those kids where time out to her is worse then a spanking. She hates being separated and not having constant attention on her.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• how did she pick it up from sponge bob? My kids love sponge bob
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Don't make a big deal out of it. Just pull her clothes up and go on. If her butt is showing do not say your butt is showing. Say pull up your pants. You are probably making a big deal out of it and she is picking up on it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Make sure when you and your husband are being intimate that she's not around she may have saw something she wasn't suppose to see as in kids are always sneaking around because they don't know better sometimes and other times they just don't want to be still. it isn't her fault she's just a baby in my book. and also be careful what you let your child watch on TV. You may call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but I'm serious go to youtube and search Disney subliminal messages and you'll see what I'm talking about they even have jay-z admitting to putting hidden messages in his music so be careful with that also. If you want more information send me a message and don't worry it'll be between me and you. (go to my page and ask for my email and I'll give it to you.) Most of the time kids do what they see remember that ok. Be blessed Jesus loves you and I do too.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• JENKINSWIFE2011

I know she has never seen us doing anything because I am always worried my kids will that is why we have had a lock on our bedroom door since our first was out of a crib. We only do it at night and in the bedroom and everytime we do anything we always always always lock our bedroom door
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• does she go to daycare? could she be picking it up from there? what kind of commercials play after sponge bob? monitor those she may have seen some commercial doing that also.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• JENKINSWIFE2011

no she is not in daycare. She is about to start headstart on Monday the 25th actually, but she has never been in daycare or any other thing like that. I am not sure what commercials play after that because I am normally off cleaning or doing something when she is watching tv
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think most kids go through something like that. Plus, it gets a reaction. From EVERYBODY! I think first, I would have a talk with her about her body and how it's private. My son is 3, and we've already started talking about that.

As for walking with pants around ankles, my son does that...normally after getting off the potty. I just calmly help him pull his pants up and tell him, we don't run around the house showing off our tushies.

You need to be steady. Have the same punshiment no matter what. If she buts her butt in her sister's face, tell her no, pull up her pants and put her in time out.

I agree with the sponge bob comment...but I hate that show and my son is not allowed to watch it.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011