Emotional / depressed about second baby.....

I am 19 weeks pregnant and we already have a 5 year old daughter. I just found out that this is a girl too. The emotions just started and I don't know if it is because it is all real now and I don't know if I can handle having two or if it is because it is another girl and I was hoping for a boy! I was the happiest pregnant women in my first pregnancy. I don't want to think about names or decorating the nursery and I have stopped reading my baby books. What is wrong with me??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• take it slow. pregnancy throws you emotions all out of wack and every pregnancy is different! Things will get better. And I am sure you will do a great job with baby #2!!! Good Luck!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Keep your chin up, Momma! When the baby finally gets here, you will love her so much, and you will forget all about this time. You're probably overwhelmed and hormones are all out of whack, so just take everything slow! Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I felt the same way during my second pregnancy. Even after I had my second baby, I actually wanted to leave her at the hospital so I could go back to my normal, the way things were. Of course I felt extremely guilty about having those feelings, but it didn't make the feelings go away. It made it easier for me when we took her home from the hospital and my first (who was almost 2 at the time) fell completely in love with her. He was my world, and him accepting and loving her made it easier for me to do the same, if that makes any sense. I did get over those feelings eventually, they didn't last forever. It's hard, I know, but it doesn't make you a bad person or a bad mom. It will get better, maybe later than you like, but it will.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011