Were you congested really bad when you were pregnant?

I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant, and since my second trimester began, I've been so stuffy nosed and sinus headache-y that I've been going crazy. Was anyone else like this? And how did you "cope" with it or get rid of it? My dr said sudafed, but I don't want to take anything unless "home remedies" don't work. 

andiecheyenne

Asked by andiecheyenne at 5:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• YES, all 3 of my pregnancies and now I have a cold so I really can't breathe...only out of the mouth and that just causes me to have dry mouth and scratchy throat. Ugh.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Nothing works for me...so, I just have to deal with it.
    Katie80620

• I don't remember being stuffy.... I hope you find something that works.
    Katelyn88

Answer by Katelyn88 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes! I felt like my head was clogged almost for the entirety of my pregnancy. I got a Neti pot-- LOVE IT. It was a natural way for me to clean them out and moisturize at the same time. I felt much better once I started using it on a regular basis.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes- with all 4. My doc had a list of meds you could take that were safe, but urged all the patients to wait until the first trimester was over before taking anything. On the list were things like sudefed, robetussin, things like that.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had a stuffy nose in the 3rd trimester of both my pregnancies.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try steam from the shower don't get in the shower sit wear the steam can reach you but the water can't touch you with the door closed. And try buying yourself a dehumidifier. these are natural techniques without medicine and it should help. be blessed Jesus loves you and i do too.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Not at all but I hear it is common.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No but it happens.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011