My cats act like they hate each other when they go outside for a short while, hissing and whacking at one another...what is this??

My cats are brothers, and they are always cuddling, and loving towards each other. They recently started going outside, on the side of my house (closed in) and come in and out through out the day. Well, now they are hissing at each other, and going after one another. When I dont let them out, they dont do this. What could be going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pets

• They could be playing.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My cats r indoor cats and that is how they play.
    Anonymous

• Maybe they are trying to figure out dominance between themselves. I have no clue.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They are just being cats, nothing unusual . Every loving , cuddly . purry domestic pussy has some feral cat lurking inside it and this comes to the fore when they go outside and become the Tigers of the shrubbery and the Lions of the lawns ! Even neutered cats are territorial outside and will patrol their territories, on the watch for intruders . You are lucky they don't hunt and bring home dinners for their ' human ' kittens !

Just ignore it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No, I think they are really mad at one another for what ever reason. But it stops when I dont let them out for a few days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would guess they are trying to work out whose territory it is in the yard. And they have not agreed on it yet. :-)
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree with confused.

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011