Did your baby at around nine months not like baby food? My grandson refuses to eat any of it. So now what? I want to give my son some advice.

Feeding them adult food is most likely bad for him right? However, he doesnt want any part of baby food. We try and try again. the doctor says it's normal...but I dont. I never had this problem with any of my kids. Of course my kids didnt like it all, but they would at least eat some. So any suggestions? Would it be wrong to feed him what we eat, as long as its completely mush, or in tiny pieces?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Once a baby shows an interest in what you are eating you can start with little pieces of any soft table food. Nurse or bottle feed first at this age and then let them experience the table food.

Answer by elizabr at 5:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Even if he doesnt have teeth yet? I am scared he will choke.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Not one of my five kids were fed baby food. When they were old enough to sit up and chew or gum, they got diced soft fruits and veggies. Try diced avocados. or diced boiled carrots.

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Soft, small pieces, one at a time. Babies do not need teeth to mash food with their gums. Enjoy!

Answer by elizabr at 5:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• nooooo. it's not bad for them. my 8 month old eats what we eat. i have a tiny food processor and i just chop up some of what we're eating. like earlier today i made a potato broccoli omelet and threw a piece in the food processor for her, no she does not have an egg allergy, and she loved it. we've also done spaghetti and meat sauce, chicken alfredo to name a few

Answer by momofone725 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Soft food means mashed potatoes,pureed carrots, As far as the bottle is concerned,mix in some baby rice cereal and shake it,add the cereal after the bottle is warmed up. smash up a banana in a bowl. Pudding.

Answer by dancer at 5:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• The baby can also have scrambled eggs.

Answer by dancer at 5:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thanks, extremely helpful.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My kids were all on table food around 8 months. We didn't even puree it, just mashed it with the back of a fork or cut it into small pieces. If I was going to add sugar/salt to anything I took out their portion before I added those, but any other spices I left in.

Answer by missanc at 5:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Interesting link below.  You can also see at the top of the page where you can look at food for younger ages.  Introduce foods one at a time so you can monitor for any allergies.

Answer by elizabr at 5:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011