"Don't touch my dog!"

I was leaving my mom's house yesterday and saw this itty bitty chihuahua wandering near the road. I went near it and tried to coax it away from the side of the road(its a busy street). All of a sudden this guy pokes his head out of his house and yells,"don't touch my dog!" I just said,"sorry,I thought she might be lost" He then yelled back that she wasn't lost. Yeah,I get it,no need to be rude! Who lets their dog out to pee,especially one so tiny,and then just goes back in the house? Wouldn't the back yard make a hell of alot more sense? I guess no good deed goes unpunished!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I hate it when I try to do the right then and get my head chopped off. Good for you for trying.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• yup you are right, the grumpy douche! you weren't trying to steal it for crying out loud! some people... : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WHAT i would have told him to get his fucken dog away from the road or ill call animal services on his dumbs rude ass!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had some neighbors that let thier chihuahuas outside by themselves all the time. Although they were vicious little things. I was just glad they couldn't get in my fence.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It's always scary touching unknown dogs. Today I broke that rule too. I always tell my son, and any kid not to touch a dog you don't know because it could bite you. Well a guy was trying to chase his dog down, but was in his truck, didn't bother to get out, so I said do you want me to try and grab him? He said ya if you can. So I finally got the dog to come over to me and it ran up to me and jumped on me, not in a playful way. Then he kinda ran a little ways off and so I called him back and grabbed his collar, he tried to jump me again and bit me. Not hard, more like mouthing, but that was enough for me, I let him go and was like good luck to you buddy. But the guy had driven down the street, no clue why, and didnt see any of that. But, goes back to that cardinal rule, never touch a dog you don't know, even if the guy says ya try and catch him if you can. I assumed the dog was friendly if he was ok with me trying to catch it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Don't let that guy bother u. If u r really concerned u can call animal control for animal neglect.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If and when the poor dog does get squished by a car, the grumpy douche will scream bloody murder. Some people should nto own animals.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• tiny dogs like that are cat food. let the idiot do that in MY neighborhood!
    Anonymous

• It wasn't that she was out,it was the fact that if she got spooked,she could run into traffic and get squished!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I didn't touch it,I was like 10 feet away

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011