What do you think of this stuff called WEN???? HIT or MISS?

I just saw the infomercial for the Chaz Dean hair system called WEN...what is this stuff? Is it for real? Do any of you use it? What do you think of it? I'm thinking I may go ahead and get it..... but...do I use this like normal shampoo? What exactly is the process of HOW TO use this and does it smell good and work to get your hair really clean???

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love the stuff, it's awesome. As far as it being pricey goes, for one thing, you only need the one product for shampoo, conditioner and detangler and for another thing, you can buy WEN by the gallon and split it up between a number of people, which reduces the price immensely. My two sisters and I bought a gallon together last May and it was certainly a year's supply for all three of us and my two kids and husband.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have tried it and love it. You may think its a little thick, if you use too much its kind of greasy. Make sure you rinse it out all the way. My hair is naturally kind of frizzy, it does make it soft, smoother and very shiny. But just use a little at a time, it is an awesome product.
    cutiepiesmama

Answer by cutiepiesmama at 6:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• its great for heavily textured/curly/wiry hair. makes it very manageable, without weighing it down or looking flat.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i work in the hair industry- all my coworkers and i think that is totally bogus, as do many of our customers-- but we have these two women who swear by it lol..so i think it depends..
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Seems like it would be more for long haired women who don't normally wash more than a few days a week. looks like a rip-off to me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I lik it but it's way to pricey for me.
    shewholoves

Answer by shewholoves at 6:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• OK- lots of great information from you ladies... thank you for that! I think I may order some... BUT....when I mentioned it to HB....HB was telling me that if I bought it then he didn't think it would work for me.. maybe for him and our sons... but he says... how would you get your scalp clean and stuff because you have such think long hair.... so... what about it.... does it pose a problem for those who maybe play sports or sit on the sidelines while your kiddo plays and you maybe get dirt and dust blown about you and into your hair?? Is it a deep cleaning kind of stuff or just once in a while you would have to use maybe a "real" shampoo to do that? I am just wondering. Any comment to explain that part of it by those of you who use it would be appreciated. :) Thank you!
    FingerPainter

Comment by FingerPainter (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i also work in the hair industry, and i have seen it used, i have used it (per request by a client who used it at home), and i say its awesome, not bogus. it would be pricier, if you have a lot of long hair, but what wouldn't be? i can't really say whether its great for you or not, not being able to see your hair and know first-hand what kind of hair i'd be dealing with, in accordance to this particular product. what's the worse that can happen? you buy it, you try it, and don't like it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011