Do any of u suffer from migranes and hat do u do for it?

ive been getting them again and i dont ant to go to the dr again ,if used migrane meds but no help at all. any suggestions?

desires_place

Asked by desires_place at 5:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• I have suffered from migraines since I was 16 years old, going on 10 years. I get them 2-4 times a week and when they happen, I can't function and especially sleep. They make me vomit and very nauseated! I normally get in a hot, hot bath and just soak for a while or lay on a heating pad. Medicine don't usually help me either, unless I take 4-5 pills, which I try not to do. Migraines are no joke! Good luck, I hope you find some relieve soon!
    oMiSSANNAMARiEo

Answer by oMiSSANNAMARiEo at 6:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I suffer from migrains as well. I have silent migranes where I lose my eyesight for a period of time. I don't take anything for it. At the time I went to see my doctor I was a sahm so he told me to just relax in bed. But nowthat I work fulltime I am unable to do that. So I'm thinking about going back and trying some medication. If I learn of anything that may help both of us I will let you know.
    downsznmomof4

Answer by downsznmomof4 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I started having them when I was in my early 30's. My doc put me on Prozac and for years I only had one or two a year. Mine were brought on by stress and anxiety.
    shewholoves

Answer by shewholoves at 6:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Excedrin works whenever I have migraines.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No. My old room mate used to sit in a dark room and drink a cup of coffee. It seemed to help...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Relpax it's a prescription.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011