What is the stupidest thing said to you while you were pregnant? I cannot wait for the responses! :)

f1tmama

Asked by f1tmama at 5:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you put your hands above your head the cord will be wrapped around the baby's neck.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Don't you know what causes that?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• "Don't you know how much WORK this is going to be?" No...I was a first time mom. I got told that a lot. They were right, it is work! But they failed to mention/emphasize how much LOVE and JOY comes from it...so much that you almost forget how much work it is. So I guess it wasn't "stupid things people said", its more like, "important things people didn't say". So much emphasizing on the negative when I was pregnant!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Comparing someone's weight gain and calling it a "major chub" and then she said to me just to give you some idea " shes about like you but, shes not 5 months pregnant".... REALLY!!!
    firsttimer338

Answer by firsttimer338 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• eating blueberries would make the baby have pimples once they were born.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Having sex will hurt the baby
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I was 6 months preggo (I'm 7 months now) and a complete stranger (male) first said to me "Wow you must be getting ready to pop any day now!" then when I said "No....I'm only 6 months along" he says "Oh....are you having triplets?" with a straight up serious face....I'm 5'6 and even preggo I'm only 152lbs....I wanted to SMACK him!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2011