Is it normal to have a drain in for 4 weeks after plastic Surgery?

I have a patient coming from the states to have one of the Surgeons that I represent "fix" her botched Surgery, when she contacted me she asked me if it was normal to have the drain in for 4 weeks....WTF?? how would you possibly think that's normal??? and if she had the surgery, I would have hoped as I encourage all of my patients to do...Research research research pre-and post surgery do's and don'ts and everything you can.....IS 4 weeks normal ( No!!!)

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• Wow, where'd she go to get that done? A Mexican border town?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• @Nanixh.....Sadly no.
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• What did she have done? I had a hystertomy back in '88...kept having burning., itching and excoriation of the vaginnnn....finally my doctor did a pelvic and found that the drain tuble had been left in....it was horrible. 13 RXs, having to sit in the tub with water to pee....and that was only for 3 weeks. I an't imagine having to go thru that for another week!!!!!!
    shewholoves

Answer by shewholoves at 6:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Wow!
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 7:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Wow!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hmm.. was her surgeon licensed???
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• OMG! That's horrible!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @ sarahb21....yes and worst part is she thinks it´s normal and will be coming back in May to the same surgeons and pay them to fix their botch procedure and to get new facial procedures wtf?????? Did I mention her legs were so swollen and she was in so much pain she had to be moved in a wheel chair for 3 weeks upon getting to her home state! NO IT IS NOT NORMAL!
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My word! This is terrible! Can you report the physician?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011