getting tubes tied or birth control after giving birth to second child

young mother of two beautiful boys but not sure of what would be better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• in my opinion getting a long term birth control type thing would be best like an IUD. i have heard rumors of getting tubes tied by choice and not for medical reasons may cause some problems.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was in your shoes once. I had a Beautiful girl and a handsome lil boy.. I set up the appointment to have my tubes tied. My children's dad said he would not watch our kids because I may someday get with a man and want children with him. I swore I didn't want any one else's children but his, we were still together at the time. The morning came for me to have my tubes tied and he held up to his word. He did not show. I ended up getting the depo shot instead. He was right. I did end up with another man and 5 years after my youngest was born I had the cutest lil boy i ever saw besides my other 2 children. Ok call me bias LOL. Don't we all think that. I hope this helps with your decision.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 2:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You have a big decision to make and I can see how that would be a concern. However, if I give you one piece of advice it would be to "follow your heart" and not what society, friends, or family are telling you to do. I knew that I knew I was done having children after my second child was born and had my tubes tied when she was 3 months old. It was the right decision for me and my family. God Bless!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 6:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i had my tubes tied after my daughter shes my second
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• xee girl maybe i'm just emotional today but i was reading your answer and honestly got tears in my eyes and for your childrens dad to be that mature and caring kudos to him too. for original poster i wouldnt get my tubes tied just yet i am thirty seven i have two teenagers the oldest will be seventeen next month and i have a beautiful one year old princess, that was not planned but is truely a blessing.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm 29 and had Essure on September 30. It's basically a nonsurgical way of getting your tubes tied. Honestly though, the decision is up to you whether you want more children. Personally, I had one and I adopted one, and I don't think my body can handle another pregnancy. My DH and I decided that if we ever want more kids, it will be through another adoption. So I had the procedure. Very minimal recovery time, no problems so far!
    icook

Answer by icook at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008