Does life gets better when your children become adults?

I heard it was the opposite from other moms of adult children..Just wanted some insight.

Lynnda

Asked by Lynnda at 6:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• You have more time to work and do things for yourself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• sorry to say but no i have 3 older children and believe me its more stress then u can imagine,so no dont get your hopes up that they ill be good.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 6:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I love it that my kids are grown and have kids of their own...grandbabies are simply the best!
    shewholoves

Answer by shewholoves at 6:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I love my life now. They are grown and gone and have families of their own so I can live the life I have always wanted

Answer by admckenzie at 6:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i hear my mom said it get more complicated.cause is mean you have your probleams and y grown kids too! but just belive in god he have help me w my two kids i have a4 yearsold and 6th..good luck!
    fannylu2

Answer by fannylu2 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• cant say the grandkids are bad but hen u have to care for them it becomes a hand full,and yes there wonderful but not the thing i seen for my kids t grow up too....
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 6:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I can only speak for myself, my experiences (so far) as a mother of an adult child (my only child).

Is life "better" I don't know if better is really the word I would use.Different is most definitely a word I would us. My experiences so far, have been GREAT!! I'm really loving, enjoying, having fun as an empty nester. My husband and I live like we are in our second honeymoon phase. There are so many things we can (and do..lol) do now. It's almost like it was during the years before we had our son (we were married for 6 before having him), like we are in our 20's again living, loving, and experiencing a new stage in life together. It's just that instead of being young and starting out, we are older and heading towards our "golden years". I as an individual am on "me" time. I as a wife can be completely attentive to my husband (something that is hard to do when you have a little one). I'm really loving this stage of life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• For myself life is better with adult children. I don't have to worry that they will do something & it will come back to my husband & me. What they do now they have to answer for---not me. That alone is what makes it less stressful for me. I enjoy my grandson. There is more time for my husband & me. When we married I already had 1 child & he had 2 kids. So we have never got to enjoy just the 2 of us. This is time is for us ;-)
    downsznmomof4

Answer by downsznmomof4 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I hope so.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have 2 who are grown and no it doesnt get any easier. There is never a touch down, a final goal, or any of that when you are a parent. Needs, wants, and stress just change. My older kids still need things, want things, and cause me stress. The difference is I can choose not to answer the phone and pretend I am not home when I need a break lol.

Answer by gemgem at 6:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011