Moms with girls. 1st haircut??!?

I have a 13 month old who despretely needs her bangs trimmed. My poor baby has hair in her eyes and I can tell it botheres her. I put her hair up alot but I want her to be comfortable with her hair down as well.
What did you do for your daughters 1st haircut? Do it yourself? Salon?
HELP!

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 2:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um as for my experience, bring her to a salon because it can come out crooked.
    mommaforobama

Answer by mommaforobama at 3:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've cut my daughters hair MANY times since she was 9 months or so, she's always had a headful. I cut her bangs in the front, and keep her hair just below her shoulders in the back, at least until it fills out a little more. It was halfway down her back (she's a year and a half) but it was looking thin and, well, awful. I think it's easiest to just do it while they are in the tub, I actually get IN the tub with my dd and snip away while she's playing in the water. Just need a fine tooth comb and a good pair of scissors and maybe a backup (my hubby helps me if I need anything, he sits there at the ready.) Goes pretty fast, and you save an expensive salon visit, good luck!
    AnyaV

Answer by AnyaV at 6:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my kids dad cuts my daughters bangs he dont go no further than her bangs i would kick his you know what cause she has pretty curls i dont want them cut
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• So, I did it! I cut he bangs! It looks cute but I need to take off another centimeter to get it completely out of her eyes. She looks like here daddy with the haircut! It's funny how a tiny haircut can transform her entire face! I'm just glad I can see her pretty blue eyes now! Thanks for the advice!
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008