Does anyone know of a company internet service provider with no phone required and no cable required?

Because right now I have ATT without cable nor phone but they were charging me 29 dollars per month and all of a sudden this month they went all the way up to 40.00 dollars! and their excuse is just because i'm not a new customer anymore, but I told them they should of warned me and they didn't even let me know so I can cancel ahead of time, and now they expect me to pay those dam 40 dollars. Does anyone know of a company thats cheaper than that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Technology

• Check your local phone company's DSL price, usually doesn't need local phone service to receive the DSL, but you do have to have a phone line coming into the house. Same with cable - you can get the cable internet without cable service, just have to have a cable line coming in to the house. But most places will have a higher price for those customers that have only one service.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• $40 is still cheaper than mine. I pay $50 through Qwest. I feel your pain though. That has happened to me too, it is a total crock and they should warn you the month before.

Good luck with your search! :D

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have Time Warner Turbo and it is $35 a month.
    redhead-bedhead

Answer by redhead-bedhead at 6:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Wow, I have AT&T as well and mine has always been $21. Weird...
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try Magic Jack
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• but isnt magic jack just for phone not for internet?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Magic Jack uses your internet connection FOR the phone signal.  If you're using DSL, I don't reccomend it.  You need the throughput of a cable line; otherwise it's choppy and unclear.

We use DSL through AT&T (the U-Verse one).  If I remember correctly, we didn't HAVE to have an active phone number for it to work, but  by activating the most basic and featureless option for one (Incomming calls free - but if we use it to call ANYONE, we pay a per-minute fee) we got an overall bill reduction of $10.  So we did.  We don't even have a phone connected to it and just use our cells instead.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 1:10 AM on May. 21, 2011