What would you have done?

I'm sure where to post this. I was in K-Mart today and I let my son who is 13 months walk by hiself. There was one of those round cloths racks and he walked one way and i went around the other, just when we were like straight across from each other I heard him cry so I ran around and there is this little girl about to jump on him he is laying on the floor. I told her to get away and i picked him up. My mom got ther to and took him whiel i was looking for her mom. I asked all the adults in that area and no one knew her. My mom finally found her like 4 isles down & told her what happened ( she pushed him down & bit him). all she did is say oh im sorry she did that, then she continued to shop & let her lilttle girl run around. Now that I think about it I'm so mad I didn't do more. I want to go back & yell at both of them. What would you have done if this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would of done the same thing you did up until the part where she only says I'm sorry. If that was it , I would of expressed that she needs to think about putting her child in the cart or something as she is running all over the store and being mean to other little kids.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i would be mad too...my boys are 17 months...and we got the monkey backpack harness so we can keep up....parents shouldnt let kids run around how many kids get kidnap a day...worst on girls..sold in sex slavery...anyways..sorry vent moment

I would have told her mom she needs to keep a better eye on her daughter from what i said above...And tell my lo kids shouldtn act like that that he is good he didnt do anything wrong
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• About 3 years ago, my husband and I were at this demolition derby and this little girl, about 2, is running up and down the stairs in the bleachers. Well she tripped and fell down about three of the steps. No one stepped out for her, so I went down to help her up and see if she was okay. My husband decided he was going to find parent or caregiver. He found the dad drunk as hell, he had forgotten that he even brought his daughter with him. My husband literally screamed at him until the entire audience was staring. You could hear him over the cars!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would've done the same thing but finding out the way the mother reacted, I wouldn't blame the little girl. Look at how she's neglected. It's sad and she doesn't know better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah I felt really bad for her at the same time there also was aliittle boy, me n my mom were talking about it an I just wonder what those kids go through or have gone through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The mom was shopping and the little girl was walking around unattended...not watched, not being protected where anyone could have walked off with her?

I would have stood right there with the little girl as the mother walked away, taken my phone out of my pocket and called the police.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would be pissed because she should have been watching her child.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• eeerrr frustrating....some people are just trash and we will never be rid of them...because they are breeders. just take the high road. but i agree with the above post...if i saw her continually unattended i would have called the police
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008