Suggestions for 13yr old Boy for Christmas??

My 'new' step-son is thirteen years old. I have never met him but have talked to him over the phone. My husband is deployed so I am responsible for sending him Christmas presents. He likes X-box action games, (I am video game challenged), and plays football as a wide receiver. His favorite player is Jerry Rice. He is in 8th grade. I got him the Guitar Hero World Tour (guitar kit) but was looking for any other suggestions? Probably $50 or less? Any suggestions would be helpful as I am new to the whole step-mom thing, and have not been able to really "connect" with him over the phone...

hannahk

Asked by hannahk at 2:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• The Guitar Hero is good, Does he have the ability to play the xBox Live so that he can play his action games with other people? Maybe a really nice headset / microphone for his gaming system
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Can you talk to his mom? At 13 he has probably given her a list a mile long and then you would also not be getting a duplicate gift.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Try Fathead.com and get him something associated w/ his favorite team.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Madden 08 is the best football video game hands down. He'll love it.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Does he have an ipod? iTunes cards are popular in my house.
    As far as the XBox, we don't have one but my brother (30something yr old) is asking for XBox point gift cards. I'm unsure what that is as of yet but he said Best Buy or Target would have them.
    Good Luck!
    julsie5

Answer by julsie5 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008