Hypothectical: You cheat one time....will Jesus/God forgive you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The thing is....you will be forgiven if you admit your transgression but the bigger (and often overlooked) part of that equation is to CHANGE the behavior after that.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If you ask for forgiveness, and are sincere, then I believe that God forgives....can you forgive yourself? and can your spouse forgive you? That's more difficult......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I will answer based on my beliefs (Hindu)..

God does not forgive or condemn one for their choices in life.. Only a person can forgive or condemn themselves for their actions.. Forgive: they forgive themselves and then strive to live a life where they do not repeat that choice......... Condemn: not forgive themselves, have self loathing, act out, blame othersrepeat the same mistakes over & over.. ect.......... Regardless if one forgives themselves or condemns themselves. Both the original choice (in this case the choice to cheat) and the reaction to that choice (forgive/condemn) will create karma that will be dealt with in the next lifetime (just like every single other choice and reaction we make/have in life).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes, but only if you ask for forgiveness and admit to him that you did wrong.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 6:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Can you forgive yourself? THAT is the question...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't believe God sits in judgment, keeping tally of or "wrongs" in order to forgive them. I believe the negative consequences that come from our actions are apparent in THIS life, just general cause and effect, and that God doesn't sit there and choose whether or not to forgive us. I don't believe it's His purpose to forgive us or judge us, I believe our relationship with Him is meant to be much different than that, lol. I believe He is "above" needing to forgive us, and, like pixie said, it's about whether or not you can forgive yourself, and if your husband can forgive you. I think the negative consequences, like having to keep it a secret, or what might happen if he were to find out, are the only kind of condemnation you'll see for it - though I do think it is best to tell him...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes, but more to the point is will your husband forgive you ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• The husband will never be told. If he fnds out that's another issue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Never say never! LOL! I don't know... I think Jesus forgives us because he loved us so much he died for us! A horrible death I might add. Anyway- good luck forgiving yourself afterwards! I have heard tell that it makes some women crazy later!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 7:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• God told the adulterous woman, "Thy sins are forgiven...go and sin no more."
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011