In law problems (and just to vent bc I'll go crazy if I don't)

So, my in-laws...they're set in their own way. I understand this...and I try not to be that person I really am...because I speak my mind, and don't really care about personal feelings. That's just me. That being said...

About 4 months ago, I finally quit work to become a SAHM. My DH wanted it, and begged me for a year to do it, ect...so, I gave in and said "I would try it for 3 months, and if I didn't like it, I would go back to work." He agreed. That being said...I hate it.
Story: My DH abuses the fact that I'm a SAHM, I should take care of the house and our DD while he just sits on his ass at home. I should pick up after him ect..
I hate it. Think it's wrong...I have tried talking to him about it...I get "well, you just married the wrong guy, I make all the money" bit. Okay, fine, I bite my tongue. Treating me like I'm a child and taking things away from me, such as credit cards, phones, computers, because I do not do as he (DH) says. Yes, I'm aware it is abuse. No need pointing it out. So, I bite my tongue and put a smile on my face until the time is right.
I've sent out numerous resumes, so many, that my DH is pissed off. Anyways, I was talking to my in-laws and they ask "why do you want to go back to work?" Now, keep in mind that I've told them numerous times about the situations and they think he has every right to do so. So, I bite my tongue around them too, and smile like nothing is wrong. They're giving me the shaft constantly that I don't need a job, and my job is to be a SAHM. OH what the fuck ever.

One day, I decided not to do the dishes because my wisdom teeth had been cut out...I wanted to lay on the couch and only move if my DD needed something to eat, drink, ect...he took everything away from me. No computer, no phone, no radio, took my car keys away. He also told me if "you want to act like a child and not do as I say...you'll go without." I'm his wife...his wife... So, I've learned to put a smile on my face...and do as I'm told.

As soon as I get a job, save some money. I'm getting my own damn place, filing for child support, and moving on with my life. I plan on walking in on a weekday, having my shit moved out in one day. When my DH comes home hand him the key and say "I'm gone". Leave and never look back.
Fuck my DH, fuck his parents...

I married a GD asshole, and I am SOOOOOOO much better than the way he is treating me.

And the reason why I smile isn't because I want to act like nothing is wrong...the reason why I smile is because I know this day is coming and cannot wait until I leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Good for you girl!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I hope it is not too far in the future. And I hope he leaves you alone once you are gone. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thats why I went back to work and school and left him I am not a child and you are not it sucks he thinks you are and maybe thats why he wanted you to quit your job. I put up with it for six years before I knew I had to go back to work and school.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• good    Good for you!!!

mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• good for you!!! Do whats best for you and your DD, not your husband or his allhole parents!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Good luck and be careful...your husband sounds like he has the potential to switch the abuse from emotional to physical.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• That is right save your money and get a place, and get away from the idiot.
    Lynnda

Answer by Lynnda at 6:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Good for you. I am a SAHM and I would not put up with that crap. There are some days when my husband wants to be a butt and claim everything is his. But, he is not serious. I know for sure he is not serious.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Good luck to you. You sound like a very strong and intelligent woman. I hope you get hired soon so you can get the hell out.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I hope you aren't the one that snaps I would have killed him.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 8:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2011