What do you think of "cougars" and WIDE age gaps? adult content

I just heard some "gossip" about one of my play groups mom's ex-husband's! Apparently he just started dating a woman 25yrs older than him and his mom called her a cougar to her face!!! I laughed when I heard the story... my first thought was.... "go for it woman!"... but.. then... as my friend kept talking .....I thought... of my own sons.... and wondered... hmm.... How would I really feel about that scenario? What is your take on it ladies?? I guess if they are both happy who cares....and people say when you are older age gaps don't matter.... hmmmmm?
Just for fun......
What do you think their kiddos from other marriages will think when daddy's new wife/SO is as old as grandma? OR mamma's new hubby/SO is as young as moms oldest kid? LOL?!

ALSO- Wonder how it would be if it were the other way around... old man and young lady? If one of your daughters came home with "grandpa"... how would you handle it ladies?

Just wondering if you come up with the same thoughts I am having...... :)

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 6:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• A very good friend of ours married a woman 15 years older than him. She had/has two daughters from her first marriage and he's actually closer in age to them (11 and 9 years) than his wife. There really is no blanket answer to this. It totally depends on the couple. Our friends will celebrate their 15th anniversary this summer, he is Poppa to their grandkids, he walked their (technically her) daughters down the aisle on their wedding days. It's just individual to the couple as to if it will work.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am a cougar in some respects .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Maybe not the youngest person I would date would be 30. I think ten years is enough.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I guess if it's truly love it may work but some people do it for the wrong reasons "sex" I know I wouldn't like it but younger people do not listen they are going to do what they are going to do.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Well my husband is 8 yrs younger then I am. I dont have a problem with it obviously lol. I didnt plan to marry someone younger, but it happens.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've been a cougar but found out that young men bore me. I'm not really in to Playstation or Xbox! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You can't help who you love. Thank goodness there's no age rule where dating is concerned (well with the exception of minors of course).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• In my family we have a 56 year old man with a 25 yr. old girl that has 3 little kids. Some accept it and some don't. Most of the comments are because he didn't raise any of his own kids and now is playing daddy to hers and his youngest is 6 months older than the GF. For me, the age gap is a bit tooooooooo much. 31 years is alot of years.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Whew .. only 6 years older than dh.. so not a cougar.. i think..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Men have been with younger women forever.... or so it seems. I say as long as the young man is over 18, why not? I have an 18 year old son and if that is what he wants and he is happy, then I think it's great.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011