If you keep trying and still aren't going any where should you stop trying?

I really am ready to just give up! I am so frustrated, I can't find a job anywhere. I am single and have three little boys to raise all on my own. I live with my mother at the moment (which is making me insane) and my car's engine even blew up! I am in tears and I am afraid God isn't listening anymore. I feel like a failure and I hate myself, but I love my children and want to make things better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• As hard as it may be don't stop trying. Right now there are so many people out there having a hard time. Maybe this is a sign that you should change your approach at how you're doing things or going about getting a job and you should try something new or different. Keep up your hope things will be ok.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• don't sop trying. just when you think it cannot get any worse, it starts to get better.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No you shouldn't stop trying, it just means you need to do things differently. The first thing we do is think God isn't listening. I laugh at that know. If He didn't care he would just end our life today if He saw we were a hopeless case. You have so much going for you. It is easy to feel like a failure but guess what I learned. Failure is and event not the person. Secondly, you have three kids that did not "sign up for this" has I have been often told. So sorry to tell you, it ain't all about you. Sounds harsh sorry, but that is what I was told when I was having another Pity Party and walking around singing the "ain't it bad song" Figure out what you are doing wrong, yes, you. And do the opposite, find someone who is where you want to be, ask them how they got there. Go to the library and get a book about what you are going through and do what it say. Finally, trust God and trust the process! Praying for you.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 3:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Please don't give up! You have your children to think about :o). Stop for a moment, take a deep breath, and think about what changes you need to make. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! There are so many people suffering with finances. I have been through my tough times as well, so I understand the feeling. Sometimes everything seems to escalade putting you in a tailspin, but remember that you will make it out. I was lucky enough to be able to make a nice income from home, but it did take me several years to figure out what works. Please remember that the best times are yet to come, and think about your children and how much they need their mommy :o). Things WILL get better!
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 7:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Don't give up. I've been down enough times to know that there is always an up. It may not be in the time frame you want, but you will get there. It took me years to find a business that works. If I had given up I would have never found it. Keep going. :)
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 7:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You can never give up. That's admitting defeat. That simply is not possible, especially to a child of God. Maybe you should start asking Him what it is that He is trying to teach you. I have found that when things are not going the way I want, it's usually because there is a lesson I have not yet learned. Once the lesson is learned, then I can move on. That could very well be what is happening to you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• A therapist once said to me "people do what they do, to get what they want, and if that doesn't work they try again." They just use a different approach. So keep going but use a different approach. Maybe try jobs in a different category? Look for something you normally wouldn't look for . Maybe go back to school get loans and go for something specific. By the time you graduate the job market may be better. There are always options just think out of the box.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When one door closes, another one opens. There's something out there for you, you just have to keep plugging along and you'll find it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I bet you feel like it, most of us have at times, but don't give up!!!! When a window closes one more opens. For your kid's sake, if not your own please don't give up.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I believe that all these obstacles happen for a reason. I don't think that God wants to see us suffer to give up, but maybe to suffer a little so that when the good things happen we are super-happy and super-grateful for it compared to a lot of people that have a enititled attitude about everything. God lets these things happen to build up our strength and resiliency. I believe especially when we have kids, that working through the rough times shows our kids that we aren't quitters, we don't give up, and things do pay off in the end - and that's a very important lesson for children to learn!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 10:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2008