To Condo-Dwellers

Do you find that most "new" condos do a good job in keeping out the noise of your fellow neighbors, especially those that live above you? Or do you find that it's not any better than an apartment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If your looking to buy or live in a condo look for the type with Cement walls and floors to keep noise out even from above and below. Not all condo's have such things but the ones that do are great for if the neighbor burns their unit down yours wont catch fire with cement walls and floor. They also do a good job keeping the water from the neighbor upstairs out of your unit.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'm a condo dweller but mine isn't "new". Mine is pretty good on keeping sounds out. I don't really hear anything unless I'm out in a common area or if windows/doors are open.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I rented a townhouse about 5 years ago that was built in 2005. We NEVER heard our neighbors.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We live in a 1 floor townhouse, and we can hear the lady who lives above us sometimes.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We lived in older one years ago and there was no sound issues at all.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011