What's the best movie you've seen lately?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 6:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• Limitless, The Adjustment Bureau, Source Code, Rio, HOP, Are ALL great movies.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Dhobi Ghat

((It's available on Netflix for streaming))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• @ pixie trix....is it subtitled? I'm assuming it is. I'm looking for a movie to watch tonight but I'm not up for subtitles tonight.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes it is subtitles. All Indian films on Netflix that are available for streaming or subtitled.

If you like traditional "Bollywood" films (typical Masala flick with lots of song/dance/romance and pageantry..this film is not one), this one isn't. It's a pretty gritty look at life for some in Mumbai, how people meet, paths cross, and then how they go their own way. Good film Aamir Khan stars in it, and it's actually his wife who directed it (her debut).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2S3oGKk7c

If you haven't ever seen a Masala flick, and if you're interested. I'll suggest some titles.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Oh I forgot this..
    they speak A LOT of English in the film and what some of us like to call "Hinglish".. It's a Hindi/English mix.. Someone will speak a mixture of both during dialog.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thanks :) Maybe I'll suck it up and deal with the subtitles...I usually forget they're there after a while anyway.

And OP to answer your question, the best movie I've seen in a while is The Secret in their Eyes (it also has subtitles though)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• haven't seen any movies lately
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011