If you keep trying and still aren't going any where should you stop trying?

I really am ready to just give up! I am so frustrated, I can't find a job anywhere. I am single and have three little boys to raise all on my own. I live with my mother at the moment (which is making me insane) and my car's engine even blew up! I am in tears and I am afraid God isn't listening anymore. I feel like a failure and I hate myself, but I love my children and want to make things better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know it's hard, but keep your chin up! Isn't that the way things go? Just when your down your car decides to blow up!! AARRGGHH!! I feel your pain and will be praying for you! In the meantime, don't give up!! Look on the bright side of things. I know it must be very hard to live with your mom, but try to be thankful that you have your sons under the same roof with you, that you have a mom who will (and is capable of) letting you stay with her, and try to count the positive things in your life. Keep on trying, --it will pay off. i don't know why you are going through this time in your life, but it will pass. Stay strong and keep it together for those boys, so someday they can look back and say, "WOW Our mom was a very STRONG woman. Look at how she kept it together under those circumstances!!" One day before you know what has happened they will be grown, and this time in your lives will be a distant memory.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i cant find one either...so i am going to work at waffle house..i didnt want to serve agin but you have to do what you have to do..oh btw they get 6-12hr..and benefits..never knew that
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I will pray too. You have to look at the up side for now until things get figured out. You have amazing kids, a place to live and your health. Pray hard and be working on a true relationship with God. He has a plan for you and will help you find your way....have faith, build that relationship with him and stay strong.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm in the same boat - 2 kids, single mom, out of work since June. Don't give up. I know it's hard, but just keep telling yourself that something has to give soon. Don't give up, if your kids see you giving up, they might think it's ok to give up, or you could really scare them. Who knows? I know my kids think the weirdest things sometimes, and if they see you giving up, they could come up with who knows what kind of theory as to why. Believe in yourself, and know that eventually something good has to happen.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Oh honey dont be so hard on yourself. I have sooo been where you are with 5 kids. Things will get better. God is listening...do not abandon him. please pm me if you want to talk...I really do know what you are going through.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You keep trying.
    Here's some food for thought...
    Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was rejected 140 times before it was eventually published.
    Margaret Mitchell's Gone With The Wind was rejected 38 times.
    Watership Down by Richard Adams: 26 rejections.
    Frank Herbert's Dune was rejected nearly 20 times before being published.

Keep trying. And while you are trying, remember the lesson you are teaching your boys through your actions... No matter what, try. No matter how hard, try. No matter how far down you feel, try. No matter how often you hear 'no', try. If you give up now, what does that teach them? Keep trying - for all of you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i would analize the situation .have you tried public assistance they also have job help
    miamimom2

Answer by miamimom2 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008