How long after a perm can you straighten your hair?

I got my hair permed yesterday and I hate it. They may it two kinky. I need to know how long I have to wait before I can get it straightened

Jessica8693

Asked by Jessica8693 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you condition it with a very deep conditioner and leave it in.. then sit under a dryer to warm your hair.. . called a hot oil or deep conditioning treatment in salons..... well... you may be able to straighten it in two weeks. I've done that before no problemo! My perms NEVER come out right! NEVER! I have given up on having curly hair in my lifetime! ha!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 7:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• you mean a hot oil treatment? Do I leave it in and blow dry it?
    Jessica8693

Comment by Jessica8693 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You are aware the curls will loosen up, right?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• How long does it take for it to loosen up? This is my first perm so I am new at this..lol
    Jessica8693

Comment by Jessica8693 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Wash & condition it daily, and it will relax quite a bit in just a few days. You can use a straight iron anytime, but if you use a chemical straightener in the next couple of months you risk melting your hair or frying it off.
    Anonymous