I NEED a day off...!!!!!

I don't want to sound like I'm a bad mom or I don't love my kids but I need a day off!!

I'm a SAHM and have been for almost 5 yrs. My husband works 60 hrs a week and we only have one car. I have no friends (I don't have time or a car to go hang out with people). I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and its very stressful at times. My 4 yr old has low muscle tone, adhd, developmental delays, I'm potty training my 2 yr old and I have a 14 month old who wants to be held 24/7 and is teething. On top of that I have to do laundry for 5 people, cook 3 meals a day and clean the house.

Anyone else feel stressed or need a day to themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• All good Mothers could use a day off!! Sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel, not getting anywhere and the same thing repeating day after day. Motherhood is the single most stressful job, Period, Hands down.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You are no different than any other SAHM. Welcome to motherhood.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sounds like you need to take a day off ..... poor thing. I know you must be stressed out you have no easy job but being a full time parent is not ever a easy job. Maybe you should tell your hubby that you know he works very hard but on his next day off that you are going to take one off your self ! even if he works third shift If you have a waffle house or something that stays open all night even if its a little drive from you go and get some coffee of just find someone to talk to and its not a bar or club so your hubby shouldn't get upset.
    LittleBearMama

Answer by LittleBearMama at 7:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• OH girl, I total hear you!!! I am work on meeting new moms, but that is exhausting too. Where is the time, hu? lol. You can call on us at CM anytime.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 7:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You and I both. Everything's just getting way too hectic and stressful around here and I could use a day to myself.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I feel like that sometimes too. My husband travels alot. Sometimes I joke that I feel like a single mom with a trust fund. What has helped me is building a network of mommy friends...we do playdates, girls night out, vent on the phone or via text. I also hire a babysitter whenever I feel like I need to take a break and just do whatever I can to decompress...go get my hair done, nails, go to get a massage or just go to a movie. The other thing that helps me alot is going to the gym.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i hear you there i have a 6year old who is in school and a 5 month old on top of that i take care of my bfs nephews who is 10 and 9 both have ADD and i feel like i need to just scream at times just bc u need some you time does not make you a bad mother... if u ever need anything im here and will listen to you....
    Kattie825

Answer by Kattie825 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• awwh honey - everyone feels this. If you can't take a DAY off - - - after dinner one night say to dh. I HAVE to go take a walk ALONE. No your dishes prob won't be done when you get back and the kids will still want you but you will have breathed some fresh air without hearing mooooooooommmmmmmm.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2011