My daughter is 16 months old is that to early to start potty training?

Kimberlysmama

Asked by Kimberlysmama at 7:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, If you start too early you might find yourself retraining her. Many who learn early revert back to needing diapers again. I wouldn't even think about before age 2
    Anonymous

• Not at all!! I started putting my 9 month old daughter on the toilet. She was completely potty trained by 18 months. Well, daytime. :) She is dry about half the time at night, but I put a diaper on her. She was MUCH easier then my sons.

It never hurts to start putting her on the toilet now. It may just been less diapers for now, but that is a good thing too! :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• here is an EXCELLENT link that will let you know when is a good time to start training!!! every baby is different so you never know :D GL mommy

Babycenter.com

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• look at toilet training readiness at google and you will see some useful info
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You know your child better than anyone I say give it a try and see if it works out. If not then try again later on.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is a bit early, but introducing her to the potty seat would be great. My 17 mo old boy's potty seat is right next to the real one and he plays at going potty all the time. Sometimes I take off his diaper so he can feel what it feels like. I think one day he will feel itand let it fly...so to speak.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 7:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• thank yall very much.
    Kimberlysmama

Comment by Kimberlysmama (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• no not really...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i started my dd at 18 mon. and she did well with it
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i think it depends on each child i dont know if its becuase of how early i did it or just happen to be that way with my oldest but i started that early with him and he took the longest to potty train and hes 15 and still wets the bed so mayb he just has issues or i messed him up i dont know
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011