Why do men have no sympathy?

It doesn't matter how bad my stomach hurts, his hurts worse. Doesn't matter how bad my head herts, his either hurts worse or was hurting yesterday. I am serious, when he is in pain of any kind, he expects me to drop everything and wait on him hand an foot...he acts like a big baby. When the table is turned though, he's always got to one up me. I wish for once I knew the words to say to catch him in his silly little game.

MaddyTaylor

Asked by MaddyTaylor at 7:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him you will take him to the ER since he is in so much pain.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• lmao could tell him that you started and your cramping really bad and see what hurts him then
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• lol oh the memories. It makes me even more grateful that I'm single. SO and I don't live together and when he's sick he stays home and takes care of himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• God game men dicks, because thats what they are. Granted not all men are dicks All the time, but ALL men have the potential to be a dick at one time or another. Men!! Cant live with em, and cant shoot them for food. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My husband isn't like that at all. He is quite considerate and helpful when I don't feel well. I don't say that to make you feel worse but just so you know that not all men are insensitive, selfish clods! I also have two sons and a son-in-law who are very compassionate.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i feel bad for you i'm so glad that my husband is not like that at all
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sounds like your man has Mommy issues....she probably was either always complaining about aches and pains herself, or she never paid attention to his aches and pains and now he's reliving his childhood through you. Tell him to grow a pair!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 9:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I wish I could help you out here. My man is very much like yours. Most days I can ignore it. Some days I just have to slam a door in his face or have a good cry about it all. Depends on what day of the month it is, LOL.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My DH babies me most of the time. It's rare that he gets sick, but when he does, BOY does he get sick! lol I baby him as well when I can- with 4 kids in the house, my hands are pretty full!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Tell him not to talk to about pain until he gives birth. Then he can complain all he wants. lol

Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 11:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011