Would you dye/have you dyed your hair while pregnant???

Every one always says NOOO dont do it but is there realy evidence to PROVE that it is harmful.. I have a couple links that say it is ok..

Babycenter.com

pregnancy.org

soo would you consider dying your hair while pregnant???

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I colored mine when preggo. Had 2 healthy Big baby's to. They are both healthy adults now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I asked my Dr when I was just 3 months pregnant and she told me its fine.. and both my boys came out healthy and big
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i have done it almost once a month with all three of my pregnancies
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am 8 months now and I dyed my hair when i was 7 months and I have had no problems or symptoms since doing it and all tests are normal. I wouldnt go crazy with it but like three times would not hurt i dont think but ask your dr just to be sure :-)
    LittleBearMama

Answer by LittleBearMama at 7:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I did not a lot but a few times
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• the only time that I did my hair ended up hot pink so I never did it again!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'm actually coloring my hair tomorrow. (5 weeks pregnant) BUT, I'm using all natural henna with no chemicals. When I was pregnant with my first, I pretty much followed "the book."
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It isn't that it is harmful to the baby - it is that you have hormones raging through your body and those hormones are extracted through your hair. It is why they recommend not doing anything like dying your hair or perming it. It may not turn out how you like it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I got my hair done a few times during my pregnancies. Everything was fine, I talked to my doctor before hand and she said doing it at home or at a salon is totally fine just if you are doing it at home have a window open. Although I do that anyway because the smell is so strong!!! I like doing my hair later on especially because I felt fat and gross and wanted to look pretty again lol
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I colored mine with my daughter and she is healthy and this time I colored it at 9 weeks and she weaved it so it didn't get to my scalp as much and I just got it colored again at 15 weeks!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011